About Me

My photo
I'm quiet, speculative, careful, modest, serious-yet-aloof, and easy going.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Disco Jesus of Naz'reth


Look closely, people. This here is Disco Jesus of Naz'reth, inspired by the movie Godspell (1973). The canvas is computer paper in standard white. I am still debating on how I should fix the part in his mustache because the gap looks a little bit unsettling to mine eyes. Some of you may take this image to heart, but really though, I don't intend to offend. This watercolor painting is only my interpretation of the movie Godspell. To me, this painting highlights the ways in which color manages to surface through dull gray, which is kind of like a metaphor for light (joys) passing through darkness (peril).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking right now!