About Me

My photo
I'm quiet, speculative, careful, modest, serious-yet-aloof, and easy going.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let books find you

At my trip to the library I had in mind what an old friend had said long ago that she never looked for books, rather, she would let books search for her. Well, it seemed a bit vague when I had heard her tell me just that. But when I was at the library, ready to leave a three-hour workshop, I decided to go to the second floor to check out the career section. And my goodness, to my surprise I found great resources for job seekers. It dawned on me that I had so many resources available at the library's expense! Books that had already been purchased by some decent person (bless his or her heart!). The book that changed my life is Best Career and Education Web Sites, 6th Edition by Anne Wolfinger. I still have yet to go through all the contents of this book. It lists internet directories, job directories, job training, college and scholarship resources, tips for small business owners, and anything else relevant to the modern job seeker. A valuable find if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking right now!